All high school bands in Richland and Lexington Counties are encouraged to apply to compete in the 2nd Annual Game of Tones battle of the bands! We plan to select about 5 local bands to compete. Please see the details below for more information about event rules and the application procedure.
Event rules (subject to change):
- All band members must be high school students (Grades 9 – 12) in Richland or Lexington Counties
- Live instruments only (including electric/electronic/digital instruments)
- All genres of music welcome
- Each band will play 2 songs, including at least one original song
- Each band will be given 10 minutes to perform (not including setup/breakdown time)
- Judges will score bands based on technical ability (up to 10 points), group cohesion (up to 10 points), and strength of original composition(s) (up to 5 points).
- All contestants from last year are welcome to apply.
GRAND PRIZE: TO BE ANNOUNCED
How to apply:
- Send a band recording with 1 – 2 songs (including at least 1 original song) to TheFriendsOfJustin.Bands@gmail.com . Your recording can be sent by a link to your BandCamp.com page or in any other way that you are able to submit it.
- Submit an application form (click here to access online application form). The application will require the following :
- Name of band
- Number of band members
- High school(s) where members attend
- Check box confirming all members are in high school
- Contact information (one band member’s name, email address, and phone number)
- Name and contact information (email and phone) of the parent/legal guardian of at least one band member
- Application deadline: February 1, 2016
- Applicants will be notified of selections in early February.